Posted on  by
Top Infection Prevention and Control Blogs
Did you know that the word “blog” originated as slang for “web log”? It was coined in 1999 by programmer Peter Merholz but it wasn’t until five years later that Merriam-Webster declared the word their word of the year.
Blogging is now mainstream and it is estimated that there are more than 500 million blogs in the world.
Blogging is important for sharing knowledge and new ideas. They also help you to connect with others in similar fields and encourage discussion in a collaborative way.
In healthcare settings, blogs offer an opportunity to share evidence on best practice, build support from colleagues and patients, and can help to bring about improvements through sharing challenges and promoting excellence in practice.
We’ve gathered together some infection prevention and control blogs and news pages which we hope you’ll find useful to visit:
- Academic and educational blog on IPC based on clinical microbiology, epidemiology, science & literature: Reflections on Infection Prevention and Control (reflectionsipc.com)
- World Health Organisation: Infection, Prevention & Control (who.int)
- NHS Infection Prevention and Control: News – Infection Prevention Control
- Infection Prevention Society: IPS News
- Healthcare Infection Society: Blog | Healthcare Infection Society – Healthcare Infection Society (his.org.uk)
- RCN’s infection prevention and control network: Infection Prevention and Control Network | Royal College of Nursing (rcn.org.uk)
- Care Quality Commission: Infection Prevention | Care Quality Commission (cqc.org.uk)
- Glasgow Caledonian University: Safeguarding Health through Infection Prevention (SHIP)