Posted on  by
COVID-19 “Coronavirus” latest update
This is where you can find the latest up-to-date information on how we are managing our manufacture and supply of our WIVA™ clinical waste containers and our SHARPSGUARD® sharps containers.
As a key partner to the NHS, and the wider UK healthcare sector, we are actively monitoring all advice/ information and will continue to work closely with all relevant bodies.
With an increased reliance on home-working by the MAUSER team, we would ask you in the first instance to contact us by email on info.healthcare.UK@mauserpackaging.com at this time.
As at the 4th May 2020 update – the highlights of importance are:
- We have asked NHS Supply Chain customers to swap out slower-moving lines and take appropriate alternatives. Please find further information here.
- Whilst we are increasing capacity where possible, we are now placing restrictions on order volumes/frequency of non-hospital customers to maintain overall continuity of supply.
- We continue to prioritise key healthcare customers like the NHS Nightingale field hospitals and their supply chains at this time.
- Lead times for non-hospital customers for the WIVA™ range is extended to at least 25 to 30 working days.
- Lead times for SHARPSGUARD® sharps containers:
- We have availability for core SHARPSGUARD® container sizes: 1 Litre; 2.5 Litre; 5 Litre; 11.5 Litre; 22 Litre sizes and our Theatre+ containers, with no impact on supply.
- We are not able to supply the following SHARPSGUARD® sizes at this time, please note our substitute recommendations:
- 8.5 Litre not currently available we recommend the 11.5 Litre
- Non-NHS Supply Chain customers can now start to reorder the following lines with the usual 7-10 day lead times:
- 3.75 Litre – all variants
- 7 Litre – all variants
- Please allow us more time to confirm and update you on orders.
We will share regular updates through this post and you can view our recent formal communications below;
4th May 2020 – 5th update
Having asked NHS Supply chain customers for their help, we are in a better position to supply the wider care sector, please read the full update here
27th April 2020 – 4th update
Working closely with NHS Supply chain, we are increasing their supply by moving them away from slower-moving lines. Once this is in place we will be in a better position to ensure supply across the wider care sector, please read the full update here
6th April 2020 – 3rd update
We are implementing additional measures to ensure continuity of supply, please download a copy of our letter here
23rd March 2020 – 2nd update
With the evolving situation we would like to share our second update with you, you can download a copy here
12th March 2020 – 1st letter
With the recent classification of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) as a Pandemic by The World Health Organisation we want to share the following letter, you can download a copy here